a tired dog is a good dog

Monday, February 25, 2008

visit in NY

The day finally awwived,my Sissies came to visit fwom out of town!!!! ...Yeahhhh!!!!!

My Sissies, Momo and Sassy, came to NY to visit me ,and chaperone the young ones, my new friends, Scylla and Charybdis, , as they wanted to go shopping and they have never been away from home by themselves. ..Charlotte wanted to visit her cousin, Mrs Perry, who lives in an apartment near Central Park with her beans. So it all wowked out pawfectly and hewe they all awe!

We checked in at the Witz-Cawlton..even though I live hewe in NY, I wanted to spend as much time with my sissies as possible and so I decided to stay at the hotel fow the doowation of theiw twip...

left to wight..Charlotte,Momo,Charybdis,Asta,Scylla,and Sassy

We decided to dwop off ouw things and go explowe the awea...we wewe uptown, on the edge of Centwal Pawk, and so we walked awound Fifth Ave and Centwal Pawk awea
..
Momo,Asta,Sassy
we found a cawt next to Centwal Pawk...I had a hot dog...Momo and Sassy both wanted an ice cweam, and I stood in fow the guy who sells so he could wun and ummm use the facilities, heheheh


Charlotte Scylla and Charybdis had welatives to visit , so we sepawated and my Sissies Momo and Sassy came shopping with me...

Charlotte Charybdis and Scylla
The youngew kitties went off by themselves..


while my sissies Sassy and Momo and I went to shop
fiwst stop Tiffany's fow just a few small items ..aftew all the giwls need to take home pwesents fow evewyone and souveniews.


aftew which we had a vewy lovely lunch of smoked salmon and tea, and just a few pastwies
Shopping always makes me hungwyAsta, Sassy and Momo

Well I was hoping fow a nap at this point, but, we had tickets to go see Wicked..so back to the hotel and we changed into evening dwesss



Charybdis,Charlotte,Scylla,Asta

as we passed Twump Towew..The Donald begged us to pose with him...sheeesh, I guess he can't wesist being seen with young women..can't he see what he looks like??? That stoopid haiw??? give me a bweak..but being well bwought up kids , we obliged.


I loved the stairs..going down in a gown makes you feel like a pwincesswe all loved the show and had the best day evew!!! but wewe weady to go fall into bed and get some booty sneep

bwight an eawly the next day we walked ovew to Wockefeller Centew
They wewe in the middle of taping the Today Show..so we decided to take a look

Even though I live hewe I've nevew been..I'm oosually in bed having bweakfast at that houw, but we wanted to spend as much time togethew as possible. The young ones weally enjoyed being on camewa..what cuties!

we wewe spotted by one of the talent scouts fow the View and immediately whisked off to the set to talk to Bawbawa Waltews

we had a spiwited discussion about the conceptual importance of promoting goodwill among the furries and our experience as inter-species siblings.
(..stwangely enough theiw wawdwobe depawtment made us take us off ouw supew stylish outfits ..they said Middle Amewica wouldn't undewstand it and would not be able to feel like we wewe one of them...that's so stoopid!!! I think Middle Amewica is smawtew than they think)
This was followed by another show in which Sassy was asked to be the guest host. Please go to her blog for more details.


...while that went on, I had to make an appeawance on the wunway at Fashion Week..a fwiend of mine had given me this outfit,(that's how we NY giwls dwess well..we get fwee stuff)..but in wetuwn ,I pwomised to appeaw on the wunway in his show

having finished my obligation..we wewe fwee to hit the town, see some sights, and shop some mowe.

but by the end of the day I was weally tiwed and weady to go home and cuwl up in my own bed...so I said my fawewells and helped evewyone pack

At the end evewyone was shopped out and ready for home with many more bags......The twip was much too showt ..but they pwomised to wetuwn and stay longew next time!
(all photogwaph wewe by Sassy)

34 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We can't wait to come back and visit you again. If you get a chance teleport down to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and visit us.

You looked like a princess in you formal gown.

Scylla & Charybdis

Snowball said...

You must be really tired after all the shoppings.

Luv
Snowball

Sassy Kat said...

Oh what a fun trip and how nice to spend time with you in your city. We will have to do that again. I had fun on The View but I was really sad that we couldn't wear our pretty clothes. Oh well, I guess that is the tv business. And that play!!!!!!! That is now up there with one of my favorites!!!!!! How beautiful we looked. And Donald, he is a good friend of mine so he won't mind if I agree with you, that hair!!!! Oh well, at least he took us up to the top of Trump Towers for some wonderful food and a beautiful view of the city.
I left you an e-mail about the date problem. Let me know if you need more help I will check back later.
Thank you sweet sister for the wonderful visit. I miss you already!!

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

HI Asta,
You were a very good hostess showing them around the City. Too bad they didn't have a horse and buggy ride while in central park, but you had a packed time!
Luna -del- Luna

Daisy said...

That looks like a wonderful trip! You all got to wear such glamorous clothes. I especially like your evening dress outfits. Asta, you sure live in a fun town!

PerfectTosca said...

Oh Man! WHat a trip! I wish I had a Sassy to do cool stuff like that for me. Man, you are sure lucky Asta. All I ever get are photos taken by the woman who is an idiot with the camera. I'm telling you Asta, you rule!

PerfectTosca said...

Oh man! Tiffany's!

Petra said...

Aha! I thought so! It WAS you and your friends that I saw on the Today Show!

Asta, you are such a fasion icon. If you start your own "What Not To Wear" show, consider inviting me to come for a make-over.

Mack said...

Wow- What fun you musta had!!

I never new kitties knew how to dress so elegantly! I bet they learned it from you!

Lacy said...

woofies Asta, watt fun u and all dose kittys had in NYC...bute ti ful clothes u wuz wearing....u shure gits around girl...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I had a really great time visiting you in New York. It was all too short and we should meet again. Love your cat walk or rather dog walk. I think we all look pretty good, don't you?

Agatha and Archie said...

OMG we saw you on the View!! You were fabulous and so articulate!! The dress(as always) Sooooooo chic......and a little present at Tiffany's tee hee!! Glad you all had such a nice time(was Barbara W nice in in person?) Stop by our blog we have something for you!!! Love and kissees A+A

Noah the Airedale said...

Wow Asta bet you gave the credit card a good work out. You sure know how to show your sissies a good time....What a host and your outfits are fabulous.

Hugs & tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Oooo, look at all your lovely outfits! Those cats are pretty natty dressers too! J x

Jan Price said...

What a wonderful visit you all had. We have been enjoying reading the different posts on the trip in between Jan taking back the computer.

Jan's funny farm

PB 'n J said...

That looks like a fabulous trip! What a great time you all had!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl..., you all are amazing!! I can almost feel the excitement you must have felt all these days! TV shows, Tiffany's, you on the runway at Fashion Week, that bad hair guy..., hahaha.

Only a week ago you were skiing and now this... You rock, Asta!!

Lacy said...

woofies Asta. yesss me seed u went to gived Amici sum love..fank u sooo much...he b a bute ti ful doggy, and imagine how his pawents feel with all dose seizures...esp when theirs not much dey can do to help stop dem, except b theire when he comes out to hold him and luv him..

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Tesla and Hansel said...

I hope one day i'll get to dress up all bootiful like yoo and that i will get to go on vacachuns with yoo.

:)

Lorenza said...

Hi, Asta!
I got tired just reading about all the activities you all had!
Sure it was nice to have them there with you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

Gads and double gads, your clothes are to die for. I am so glad to see that other pups are willing to put aside preconceived notions and hob nob with other species. I would need a nap half way through that day.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You always get to go on such fun trips.. I wish I can go shopping with you Asta

~ Girl girl

Kyanite said...

Woweee!
That was some visit you had with your sisters.
What fashion conscious dressers you gals are too.

Pats & pets
Blue

Simba and Jazzi said...

You certainly get out and about don't you. So well dressed too.


Simba x

Unknown said...

Gosh.. you certainly had a blast! I hope you gave Mr Trump some tips on how he should style his hair?

Putter said...

Asta!

This is hysterical! You guys surest ever know how to have funnest everest! OMG!

Love,

Putter ...:)

The Black and Tans. said...

Asta

You will never cease to amaze us with all your adventures, trips and playing "hostest with the mostest".

Molly and Taffy

Anonymous said...

What a whirlwind trip, and getting to meet the Trumpster, being on the Today Show and the View - you must be exhausted Asta. When you rest up, we have some awards waiting for you at http://blog.ourdoglog.com

Enjoy!
Abby & Rosie

Amber-Mae said...

Wow, you guys went on an adventure again? Sooo kewl! You even got to meet up with Donald Trump!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Urban Smoothie Read said...

there's something familiar there...

the Central Park!! i recognize it from the movie 'enchanted'...

Lenny said...

You are all so glamorous!

Are your gowns by Diane von FURstenburg? ;)

Your friend, Lenny

COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

Wow... You guys look great. It's so nice to have family, isn't it. I'm glad they came to visit.

Koobuss said...

Oh kousin Asta,

You had such a wonderful time with your new sissies. They sure know how to live. And you did a fabulous job of showing them around your great city.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Maya and Kena said...

Wow!! What a day you had!! That must have been really fun, a girl's day out!!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena