a tired dog is a good dog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Suwpwise Pawty fow Opus

invitation by Karl

I bet you thought I was going to be home catching up on my sneep aftew my adventoowes in Afwika
WONG!


It's my dawling fwiend Opus' Biwfday and his sissie Olive came to pick me up in theiw magic flying bus (while he was asneep) to attend his suwpwise pawty in Wome along wif the gang



photo by Olive

Some of you may wecall that I was lucky enuff to go to Wome wif my pawents two yeaws ago whewe I met Opus and his bwuvvew Woscoe and theiw pawents.

Sadly last yeaw deaw Woscoe cwossed ovew the wainbow bwidge , and Opus has been vewy sad evew since.
The awwival of his bootiful sissie Olive has helped, but we, his bestest fwiends decided he needed a special twiboote to cheew him up.
His sissie Olive has owganised a suwpwise pawty fow him fow his combined biwfday and Blogovewsawy
He is a well known histowy buff, and, well ,he lives in Italy, so what bettew place to celebwate his Biwfday than the coloseum in Wome.

photo by Olive

the gang:
top left to wight: Ruis, Sassy,Asta,
bottom left to wight: Karl, Opus,Olive,and Momo

you might know these deaw fwiends of mine fwom the many adventoowes we've had ovew the yeaws and because of ouw CCSI episodes

photo by Asta
we stawted by having a twiumphal mawch fow Opus.. the locals thwew flowew petals at his feets and gave him a Corona Triumphalis to weaw on his head



photo by Sassy
as he mawched into the coloseum we waited wif a custom made Biwfday cake..I think he loved it

photo by Asta
thewe was a moment of silence and a few teaws as Opus wemembewed his bwuvvew Woscoe and the last time that the thwee of us wewe togethew in Wome

we had to lighten the mood, and Kawl suggested chawiot waces

photo by Karl
Ollie being somewhat lazy aftew all the wine and cake, decided to take a nap in the middle of ouw couwse..sheesh needless to say, Opus won


photo by Asta

aftew that exewtion, it was time fow mowe feasting (these Womans suwe know how to pawty)


Photo by Sassy
Ollie,Momo, Asta and Sassy had a little pwivate giwly gossip time by the chocolate fountain that Sassy had flown in fow the occasion..It was beyond wowds good


photo by Sassy
the boys had mowe mundane tastes, hehehehe

Pleez all of you come help us celebwate. We can't have him be sad on his Biwfday!

Olive will be will be hosting this surprise party for Opus all day today. Two parties will be rolled up into one as it is the celebration of Opus's birthday and his blogoversary.



see you all there!!
smoochie kisses

30 comments:

Maxmom said...

Wow, the talented Asta rises to he occasion yet again!..this time in ROME!!!
Congratulations on a wonderful party for Opus. HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPUS!
You are one talented Gal, Asta!...especially being able to handle all those KITTY-CATS! How on earth did you stop yourself chasin' them!...Oh yeah...the chariot race...mmm! Enjoy!
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fabulous coliseum cake and chocolate fountain! Wow! This looks like one fun birthday pawty! Happy birthday to Opus!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

Asta! I didn't realize you knew so many cats. Good thing you left the beast at home for this trip.

I think that Rome looks lovely. And I love the outfits they wear there. Nice, flattering drapes of fabric.

Slobbers,
Mango

Cat Naps in Italy said...

Ciao bella Asta! Cara mia! Oh thank you so much for the wonderful photos you made for my birthday. My mom likes the one of Roscoe the best!It was so sweet of you think of Roscoe, as this is his birthday too. Today is bitter sweet, but with friends like you, how can we be sad?

And back together in Rome again! What a wonderful day! time to eat and then a cat nap! Will you dance with me later?

Love,
Cesar Opus Felis Maximus (Cyndi and Olivia Gatus)

Eric said...

Gee. I'm so behind. Your playing at the run looked fun. Apart from Piper - grrr those black doggies ..not my favourites but don't tell him wil you.

Then gotta bark. Your balance beam walking. Most stylish. I think that's a competition in the 2012 Olympics. Do you find good stuff on the road? I often try that snack and go on a Sunday.Mmmm scored a choccy bar last Sunday yesterday. Removed from my nashers. AGAIN. But I was wagging to see a couple of terrier stubborn moments on your walkie too!! Haaaaaaa.

Wishing Opus a purrrrfect day! What a wonderful day. Hope there was no throwing of leggeds to the lions?

Wiry loves and special barkday week kisses Asta !! Eric xxxx

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Asta, you are just a jet-setter. We can hardly keep up with you. We're off to wish Opus a Happy Birthday.

Love the picture of you and Mommi in your banner.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Gus said...

ooooh...muzzer is drooling over the chocolate fountain and we are wishing everyone a great time and happyy bloga barka versary day.

gussie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Weren't you so nice to help out with this pawty for Opus!!! Happy Birthday, Opus!!!

Love your header photo of you and Mommy - very sweet!!!

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Hollie and Janie said...

What a fabulous Roman Holiday! I hope Opus has a fabulous day!! It's so funny to see you with all those cats!
Love,
Janie

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Fabulous.. Brilliant.. Love it all.. Hugs GJ xx

The Cat Realm said...

How wonderful it is to party with you again! And did you realize that Opus name is ever growing? HAHAHAHAHA
Back to the fun now....

The Oceanside Animals said...

Wow, now THAT'S a party!

Abby said...

Hi, Asta...

Just wanted to stop by & say Hi...

I'm back to Blogging...I gave my Mom a real Talk-N-To...

Hey: Stop by my Blog...I got some pictures from your Neck of the Woods...

Abby xxxooo

Sassy Kat said...

What great fun we are having! It has been far too long since we have been together. I sure have missed all. Thought this summer all have been busy you all were near to me in my heart. All for one and one for all.
Now back to the party!!

Sassy Kat said...

The receipe is yours. I did a little bit of this and a little bit of that, then mixed it up all together. The hardeds part was getting it through customes when I entered Italy.
By the way, someone else has a birthday coming up. Do you have any plans that I should know about? Do you have a special gift that I could get for you?

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh Asta, it is so great to be at another party with you. We are having the best time. ~S,S,C & F

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I wanted to stop by and say how nice it was meeting you at Opus's party! That sure was a fun time.

Clive said...

Happy Birthday Opus!

Love the new header!

take care
Clive

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Oh Asta,
The birthday party looks like so much fun. Could you ask your Mommy or Daddy to e-mail my Mommy? She wants to take Sally Ann and some friends to Paris for her birthday in November. She needs help with the pictures.
Mack

TwoSpecialWires said...

Asta! How cool is it that you returned to Rome, this time in a Magic Schoolbus (well, that's how we decided to think of it... that was one of NinaGirl's favorite TV series when she was a little girl) and to visit your friend Opus and his family and friends!!! You all look so elegant in the classic Roman march, in the Colosseum. (We're betting there is some good hunting ground in there! Were the kitties distracted?) We're sure you all had a purrfect time, and that Roscoe looked down on you from the Rainbow Bridge with a smile and a whisper of delight, sent on a breath of wind. We're going to head over right now, introduce ourselves and see if we can join in the celebration.

Thank you for telling us all about it!
Love,
Bruvver Jake and SissieFergi xxoo

Pee S. We love the picture of you with MommiAmi in Rome. Taking a dainty taste of gelato. Yummm! You both look so pretty.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I am so happy that you came by to visit with after the party. I would like to get to know you better. I have heard so much about you. You are really nice. I hope it is OK that I put your link on my blog.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my, Asta...I'm stuffed...that carob fountain...sheeshch...I loved the dead rhodents they had to dip in it!!!! Those cats know how to PAWTY!!!!!!

Now Asta..have you been depressed? I watched that video of you walkin' on the street...

ARE YOU SUICIDAL????

You're in New York City...nuthin' like walkin' on the edge, Girl!!!! Please be careful....

Now Asta...as for the little monkey bizness going on here at our house....not too worry...Monkey will date again....

Barkies, Girl...

Lacie

Pee ess...ur mommi's neck is amazing....how does she do that?

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Asta...

I have gas.

Bad.

Love, Scruffy

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hi Asta...Scruffy stinks...

I'm going back to the cat pawty...I missed the dead rhodents that Lac was talkin' about...

Barkies...

Babystan

ScrapsofMe said...

Oh Asta! Yer Passport must be filed by now! Whatcha gonna do with all those frequent flyer points? Love the party ...isn't it so true about the boyz....no matter the species, it comes down to food, beer n gas!
Have fun!
Thanks for inviting me to the party!
Bonnie

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Grrreat party, we all had so much fun.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Hailey said...

What a smashing blast!!!

Hugs & smooches xoxo
Hailey

Cocorue said...

you are one pawsome talent and i look forward to your great adventures.....mumster agrees too

happy birthday Opus

thanks for a great party which we gate crashed as it's soooo much fun

chikisses

The Black and Tans. said...

Hi Asta

That sure was one heck of a party! Great photos and what a marvellous place to have a birthday celebration.

You must be so excited as it is your birthday tomorrow. We hope you have a lovely day.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

Joe Stains said...

Those mundane tastes look exactly like what our Dad likes to eat! We went over and said happy birthday!!